Simple Reading Activities in Spanish about el Día de San Patricio (Saint Patrick’s Day) for students learning Spanish (Spanish 2).
The five stories are short texts with three paragraphs each. They are written in the Simple Present Tense or the Past Tense. The rest of the page has simple comprehension questions to check understanding.
Story 1: San Patricio – The first short reading passage is about the Saint San Patricio (Saint Patrick) and is in the past tense.
Story 2: El festival de San Patricio – The next reading is about the traditional St. Patrick’s Day festival in Dublin.
Story 3: El trébol – The third reading passage is about a class celebrating this day and what the trébol (three-leaf clover) means.
Story 4: La Isla Esmeralda – A reading passage about why Ireland is called the Emerald Isle.
Story 5: El Leprechaun – A story about Ana who goes looking for a duende (leprechaun).
These worksheets should only take 10-15 minutes each so are a great item to warm up a class or to end the day. You could do a worksheet every day (lasting a school week) or leave them as homework.
These reading passages would be great in an emergency as a quick filler and you may also find them useful to hand out to fast finishers (so they don’t disrupt others).
All reading texts, questions and instructions are 100% in Spanish making it ideal for language immersion classrooms.
Bonus Listening Activity
We have now included a sheet with the 5 stories on one page (without exercises). This is can be used where the teacher gives the comprehension questions orally, or can be used in conjunction with the audio on our YouTube channel so they can read as they listen (without the distraction of other activities on the page).
There is another sheet with the 5 stories on one page, but this time with certain words missing and replaced by a blank line where students can fill with the word they hear on the listening.
Note: The audio of the listening only appears on our YouTube channel. The recording is spoken by a native Spanish speaker.
CONTENT: This resource contains: 14 Pages
- Teacher Guide in Spanish – (1 page)
- Reading with Questions – San Patricio – (1 page)
- Reading with Questions – El festival de San Patricio – (1 page)
- Reading with Questions – El trébol – (1 page)
- Reading with Questions – La Isla Esmeralda – (1 page)
- Reading with Questions – El Leprechaun – (1 page)
- 5 Stories on one page – (1 page)
- 5 Stories on one page with missing words – (1 page)
- Teacher Answers – (6 pages)
Here is the audio that accompanies the short stories. It will also give you an idea of the content and level of these short reading passages.
You may also be interested in our other Spanish Reading Resources:
LEVEL: Beginner (CEFR – A1 Level) – Spanish 1
AGE: From 10 years and up
INFORMACIÓN EN ESPAÑOL
5 historias cortas acerca del Día de San Patricio con preguntas de comprensión.
CONTENIDO: Este recurso contiene 14 Páginas:
- Guía de Profesor – (1 página)
- Lectura con preguntas – San Patricio – (1 página)
- Lectura con preguntas – El festival de San Patricio – (1 página)
- Lectura con preguntas – El trébol – (1 página)
- Lectura con preguntas – La Isla Esmeralda – (1 página)
- Lectura con preguntas – El Leprechaun – (1 página)
- 5 cuentos en una hoja – (1 página)
- 5 cuentos en una hoja (llenar los espacios) – (1 página)
- Respuestas para los profesores – (6 páginas)
NIVEL: Principiante (CEFR – A1 Level)
EDAD: Desde los 10 años (nativos) hasta adultos