Simple Reading Activities in Spanish about Christmas (La Navidad) for lower level Spanish students (upper Spanish 1 or Spanish 2 review).
All texts are short with between 2 and 3 sentences written in the Simple Present Tense. The rest of the page has simple comprehension questions to check understanding.
NOTE: Each story is associated with the religious version of Christmas and the birth of Jesus. There is no mention of Santa Claus or Reindeer or snow, etc. in these stories.
These worksheets should only take 10-15 minutes each so are a great item to warm up a class or to end the day. You could do a worksheet every day (lasting a school week) or leave them as homework.
These reading passages would be great in an emergency as a quick filler and you may also find them useful to hand out to fast finishers (so they don’t disrupt others).
There are two versions of each reading passage. One version has a image representing what the reading is about. The other version is without the image. This imageless version is ideal for younger students since each worksheet has a space where they need to draw (and correctly color) something that is mentioned in the text.
All reading texts, questions and instructions are 100% in Spanish making it ideal for language immersion classrooms.
You may also be interested in our Religious Christmas Vocabulary Word Search
Bonus Listening Activity
We have now included sheets with the 5 stories on one page (without exercises). This is can be used where the teacher gives the comprehension questions orally, or can be used in conjunction with the audio on our YouTube channel so they can read as they listen (without the distraction of other activities on the page).
There is a similar page (5 stories per page) but this time with certain words missing and replaced by a blank line where students can fill with the word they hear on the listening.
Note: The audio of the listening only appears on our YouTube channel. The recording is spoken by a native Spanish speaker.
CONTENT: This Spanish resource contains 19 Pages:
- Teacher Guide – (1 page)
- Reading – La Navidad – (1 page)
- Reading – La misa de gallo – (1 page)
- Reading – José, María y el niño Jesús – (1 page)
- Reading – Jesús nace en un establo – (1 page)
- Reading – Los Reyes Magos – (1 page)
- Teacher Answers – (5 pages)
- Same 5 reading worksheets without images so students can draw – (5 pages)
- 5 stories per page (no questions) – (1 page)
- 5 stories per page – Fill the blanks version – (1 page)
- 5 stories per page – Fill the blanks Answers – (1 page)
Here is the audio that accompanies these short stories. It will also give you an idea of the content and level of these short reading passages.
LEVEL: Beginner (CEFR – A1+ Level) – upper Spanish 1 (Spanish 2 review)
AGE: From 7 years and up
INFORMACIÓN EN ESPAÑOL
5 textos cortos acerca de la Navidad con preguntas de comprensión para niveles básicos.
CONTENIDO: Este pack contiene 19 Páginas:
- Guía de profesor(a) – (1 página)
- Lectura con preguntas – La Navidad – (1 página)
- Lectura con preguntas – La misa de gallo – (1 página)
- Lectura con preguntas – José, María y el niño Jesús – (1 página)
- Lectura con preguntas – Jesús nace en un establo – (1 página)
- Lectura con preguntas – Los Reyes Magos – (1 página)
- Respuestas para los profesores – (5 páginas)
- Las mismas lecturas pero sin los dibujos (alumnos pueden dibujar) – (5 páginas)
- 5 cuentos en una página (sin preguntas) – (1 página)
- 5 cuentos en una página – Versión: Completar los espacios – (1 página)
- 5 cuentos en una página – Respuestas – (1 página)
NIVEL: Principiante (CEFR – A1+ Level)
EDAD: Desde los 7 años (nativos) hasta adultos