Simple Reading Activities in Spanish about Halloween (Noche de Brujas) for lower level Spanish students (Spanish 1).
All texts are short with between 2 and 3 sentences written in the Present Simple Tense. The rest of the page has simple comprehension questions to check understanding.
There is a story about a witch called Aleja, another about a naughty pumpkin and another about the monsters’ party. You will also find a story about a Bat called Murci and finally another story about Grandparents celebrating Halloween.
These worksheets should only take 10-15 minutes each so are a great item to warm up a class or to end the day. You could do a worksheet every day (lasting a school week) or leave them as homework.
These reading passages would be great in an emergency as a quick filler and you may also find them useful to hand out to fast finishers (so they don’t disrupt others).
We have two versions of each worksheet. One version with a picture about the reading passage, the other is the same text and activities but without the picture. Ideally this second version would be for younger students since each one has a space where they need to draw (and correctly color) something that is mentioned in the text.
All reading texts, questions and instructions are 100% in Spanish making it ideal for language immersion classrooms.
You may also be interested in our other Halloween Reading Passages for Spanish 2/3
Bonus Spanish Listening Activity
We have now included a sheet with the 5 stories on one page (without exercises). This is can be used where the teacher gives the comprehension questions orally, or can be used in conjunction with the audio on our YouTube channel so they can read as they listen (without the distraction of other activities on the page).
There is another sheet with the 5 stories on one page, but this time with certain words missing and replaced by a blank line where students can fill with the word they hear on the listening.
Note: The audio of the listening only appears on our YouTube channel. The recording is spoken by a native Spanish speaker.
CONTENT: This Spanish resource contains 20 Pages:
- Teacher Guide in Spanish – (1 page)
- Warning about the adjective Coja – explained in English – (1 page)
- Reading with Questions – La bruja Aleja – (1 page)
- Reading with Questions – La calabaza traviesa – (1 page)
- Reading with Questions – La fiesta de los monstruos – (1 page)
- Reading with Questions – Murci el murciélago – (1 page)
- Reading with Questions – Mis abuelos – (1 page)
- Same Reading passages – Drawing activity instead of picture – (5 pages)
- 5 Stories on one page – (1 page)
- 5 Stories on one page with missing words – (1 page)
- Teacher Answers – (6 pages)
Here is the audio that accompanies the short stories. It will also give you an idea of the content and level of these short reading passages.
LEVEL: Beginner (CEFR – A1 Level) – Spanish 1
AGE: From 6 years and up
INFORMACIÓN EN ESPAÑOL
5 textos cortos acerca de la Noche de Brujas con preguntas de comprensión.
CONTENIDO: Este recurso contiene 20 páginas:
- Guía de Profesor – (1 página)
- Advertencia del adjetivo coja (explicado en inglés)
- Lectura con preguntas – La bruja Aleja – (1 página)
- Lectura con preguntas – La calabaza traviesa – (1 página)
- Lectura con preguntas – La fiesta de los monstruos – (1 página)
- Lectura con preguntas – Murci el murciélago – (1 página)
- Lectura con preguntas – Mis abuelos – (1 página)
- Lectura – Actividad de Dibujar – (5 página)
- 5 cuentos en una hoja – (1 página)
- 5 cuentos en una hoja (llenar los espacios) – (1 página)
- Respuestas para los profesores – (6 páginas)
NIVEL: Principiante (CEFR – A1 Level)
EDAD: Desde los 6 años (nativos) hasta adultos