Spanish reading passages about Earth Day (el Día de la Tierra).
There are five short stories in Spanish. They are about El Día de la Tierra (Earth Day), Los árboles son vida (Trees are life), Mi comunidad (My community), Ecológicos (Ecological), and La compostera* (The compost bin).
There are simple comprehension questions and other activities to check understanding of each reading passage.
Even though these reading passages are written in the simple Present Tense (presente de indicativo), the vocabulary makes this resource more appropriate for Spanish 2 level students.
The reading passages, all questions and instructions are 100% in Spanish making it ideal for language immersion classrooms.
These readings are prefect for Earth Day! (Día de la Tierra)
You may also be interested in our other resource which is ideal for Earth day: Spanish Reading – Reducir, Reutilizar, Reciclar
* Note: The word Compostera is currently not in the RAE dictionary though is used throughout Latin America. As the ecological movement becomes stronger, it should appear in the dictionary before long.
CONTENT: This resource contains 10 Pages:
- Spanish Reading – El Día de la Tierra – (1 page)
- Spanish Reading – Los árboles son vida – (1 page)
- Spanish Reading – Mi comunidad – (1 page)
- Spanish Reading – Ecológicos – (1 page)
- Spanish Reading – La compostera – (1 page)
- Teacher Answers – (5 pages)
LEVEL: Lower Intermediate (CEFR – B1 Level) – Spanish 2
AGE: From 9 years and up
INFORMACIÓN EN ESPAÑOL
Cinco lecturas cortas acerca del Día de la Tierra: reducir, reutilizar y reciclar.